- 1 Brief Details of Kerala Edu Loan Subsidy Support Scheme 2017-18
Kerala Edu Loan Subsidy & Repayment Scheme 2017 @ elrs.kerala.gov.in
This is the information concerning Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme which has launched by the Government of Kerala. Under this proposal, govt will pay some amount of loan of students for their study. Interested candidates can register Online through the official website for Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy 2017/ Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme which is www.elrs.kerala.gov.in. This is one of the best schemes for those people who belong to low to middle-income groups and unable to repay the educational loan due to low salary or unemployment. Aspirants can download Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy/ Education Loan Repayment Scheme Kerala Online Application 2017 from the portal. For the convenience, we are providing the eligibility criteria, registration process and other relevant information in the article below.
Brief Details of Kerala Edu Loan Subsidy Support Scheme 2017-18
Good news for the candidates who have taken a loan for the education and could not paying EMI/ Installment. The Government has announced that they will pay the remaining amount for those who come under below poverty line, low-middle class etc. There is some rules and regulation/ norm set by the authority and who fulfil that, can be eligible to avail this scheme. The news came a few months ago but it has been launched by the board recently. Those loans classified as NPA (Non-Performing Assets) and who have paid the earlier EMI regularly will take the benefit of Kerala Education Loan Subsidy & Repayment Support Scheme.
It provides the support period for four years and it is not a complete debt relief plan but support student or families to pay some of the amounts to decrease their burden. As per the advertisement, the government can pay the loan amount up to 9 Lakhs. Applicants can select one of the following options to get the support.
NPA Account – They have to agree with the bank either for one-time settlement by depositing full amount or regularise/ re-schedule of pending amount.
|Support From Government||Amount|
|60% of Base Amount||Up-to 4 Lacs|
|50% of Principal Outstanding or Maximum of Rs 2,40,000/- Only||From 4 to 9 Lacs|
Standard Account – The Proposal expects the repayment to such an account which has already commence from April 2012 to March 2016 and still going on. The government can help those postulants to repayment their remaining amount of the upcoming years.
|Year||Sharing Ration of Kerala Govt||Lender Ratio|
Eligibility Required For Education Loan Repayment Scheme Kerela 2017-18
- Students should have educational Loan not more than 9 lakhs and household income not goes above 6 lakh to get advantage under Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy Scheme 2017.
- Students who secured admission under Management quota are not eligible. These refer to seats in private educational institutions for which the management has the judgment to give admission on factors other than merit as explained in IBA’s “Revised guidance notes on model educational loan scheme for higher education in India and foreign -2015 (Amended 2016)
- The contenders, who have started to pay back the loan from 1st April 2017.
- Student borrowers who become permanently mentally or physically disabled with 80% or more due to an accident/ illness or expired during the course of study of the loan after availing the loan will be eligible for sanctioned amount of loan and financial assistance irrespective of date.
- The present Annual Income of student should be within 4 times of the scheduled annual repayment money on the loan.
Documents Need At The Time Of Registration
- Candidates 10th/ 12th Passing Certificates.
- Adhar Card and Pan Card Of the students.
- Eligibility certificate issued by the Village Officer.
To know more kindly refer the official website of the Kerala Government.
How To Apply Online For Kerala Edu Loan Subsidy & Repayment 2017-18
- Candidates have to log on to the official website.
- Click on “Student Registration” link.
- Afterward, Education Loan Repayment Scheme Kerala Registration Form will appear on the monitor.
- Candidates fill all necessary info valid details.
- Upload the scanned copy of PAN Card, Adhar Card and 10th Certificate in the given format.
- Finally, click on “Submit” button to complete the online registration.
Last Date of Online Submission for Kerala Education Loan Subsidy and Repayment Scheme is 31st October 2017.
Overview of Kerala Edu Loan Relief Scheme 2017
|The Concerning Body||Government Of Kerala|
|Notice Of||Educational Loan Subsidy & Repayment Support Scheme|
|Final Date Of Resgistration||31st Oct 2017|